Iron Creek Defines Significant Gold And Silver Anomalies From A Talus-Fines Sampling Survey At Its Exploradora Project, Northern Chile
VANCOUVER, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Iron Creek Capital Corp. (TSX-V: IRN - "Iron Creek") is pleased to report results from the first phase of a talus-fines sampling program carried out over the Portezuelo area of its Exploradora gold-silver project in northern Chile. The principal targets of the program are low-sulphidation, epithermal precious metals quartz veins. Iron Creek, through its wholly owned Chilean subsidiary, has an option agreement with Anglo American Norte S.A. to acquire 100% of the Exploradora property subject to certain expenditure commitments (see news release dated September 7, 2011).
Highlights of the talus-fines sampling program include:
- Important anomalous gold and silver trends defined, with values in talus-fines materials up to 0.51g/t Au and 61.7g/t Ag
- Highly anomalous pathfinder trace element geochemistry with values up to 890ppm As; 126ppm Sb; 2,670ppm Zn; and 10,001ppm Pb
- Results highlight extensions to a previously known mineralized structure at Portezuelo as well as suggesting potentially new mineralized structures obscured by talus slope cover materials
About the Exploradora PropertyThe Exploradora Property is located directly along the Domeyko Cordillera, the principal porphyry copper belt in northern Chile. The property is located within the Exploradora porphyry copper, skarn and precious metals district, and to the NE of the El Salvador / Potrerillos porphyry copper and precious metals district. The geology of the belt is dominated by Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous sediments and volcanics, and Mid-Tertiary plutonic rocks, calc-alkaline volcanic rocks and sub-volcanic porphyritic intrusions. Most of the significant areas of mineralization within the Exploradora District, including a porphyry copper discovery, are zoned around the margins of the central Exploradora pluton and hosted within volcanic and sedimentary rocks.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts