Newman Ferrara LLP has begun an investigation into potential claims against the board of directors of Cymer Inc. (“Cymer”) (Nasdaq: CYMI) concerning the proposed acquisition of Cymer by ASML Holding (“ASML”) (Nasdaq: ASML).
On October 17, 2012, Cymer announced that it had entered into an agreement and plan of merger to be acquired by ASML in a cash-and-stock transaction valued at approximately $1.5 billion. Under the agreement, Cymer shareholders will receive consideration in the form of $20.00 in cash and 1.15502 ASML ordinary shares of stock for each share of Cymer common stock owned. Cymer’s Board of Directors has unanimously approved the proposed acquisition which is expected to close during the first half of 2013.
Newman Ferrara LLP’s investigation concerns the potential unfairness and inadequacy of the offer price being provided to Cymer shareholders and the process by which Cymer’s Board of Directors approved the proposed transaction.
Concerned investors are encouraged to contact Newman Ferrara attorney Roy Shimon at (212) 619-5400 or email@example.com to discuss this investigation, their rights, or potential remedies.Newman Ferrara maintains a multifaceted practice based in New York City with attorneys specializing in complex commercial and multi-party litigation, securities fraud and shareholder litigation, consumer protection, civil rights, and real estate. For more information, please visit the firm website at www.nfllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV