- RIAs continue to blend active and passive funds in a single portfolioForty percent of RIAs agree that now more than ever they are creating client portfolios using a blend of active investment vehicles and passive ETFs. Less than a quarter of RIAs utilize an exclusively all active management portfolio (24 percent) or an all ETF/passive management portfolio (19 percent).
- Risk management remains a priorityConsistent with the 2011 survey, RIAs cite managing risk as a predominant philosophy in managing client assets (40 percent). The survey showed wealth preservation as the most important issue for clients, followed by mitigating risk.
- Risk management investment strategies have not changedRIAs continue to mitigate risk in client portfolios by creating a blended asset allocation of active investments and passively managed ETFs (62 percent) and applying a more conservative asset allocation (56 percent).
- Alternatives, emerging market equities and large-cap funds drawing more attentionWithin actively managed mutual funds, RIAs are most likely to increase capital over the next 12 months in alternatives (46 percent), emerging market equities (43 percent) and U.S. large-cap funds (40 percent).
Invesco Study: ETF Usage Increasing Among RIAs
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.