Gold for December delivery was adding $3.10 to $1,749.40 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price traded as high as $1,755 and as low as $1,744 an ounce, while the spot price was losing 70 cents, according to Kitco's gold index.
"Some minor positives from Germany relating to Spain and also their retention of investment grade for Spanish bonds helped gold somewhat," George Gero, precious metals strategist at RBC Wealth Management, wrote in a note.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV