TORONTO, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Manulife Monthly High Income Fund isn't built for speed, but durability and stability.
Over the past 15 years, with Senior Portfolio Manager Alan Wicks at the helm since inception ( September 30, 1997), it has proven to be among the most stable and durable funds in the Canadian Neutral Balanced Fund universe of 647 funds.
The Fund, which celebrated its 15 th anniversary on September 30, 2012, has earned a 4-Star Overall Morningstar Rating ™, 1 st quartile ranking for investment performance over 10 and 15 years (2 nd quartile over 1, 3 and 5 years), and has generated positive annual returns in 12 of 14 calendar years since inception. 1
"Our goal from day one in 1997 has been to provide positive absolute returns and a steady flow of monthly income for investors," Mr. Wicks said. "We are pleased with the results we have produced for our clients and appreciate the trust they have placed in us as we've gone through economic expansions, recessions and even a global financial crisis.""Less than 10 percent of the funds in the Canadian Neutral Balanced category have a 15 year track record. 1 Rarer still is to have the same lead manager at the helm over that length of time and this continuity of management has ensured a consistent investment approach has been applied to the Fund year in and year out," said Paul Lorentz, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Manulife Insurance and Investment Solutions, Retail Markets. "Through all kinds of markets, Alan and his team have provided a steady flow of monthly income and long-term capital growth for investors. "We firmly believe that their consistent approach and exceptional results should provide advisors with complete confidence that the Monthly High Income Fund can be a core part of their clients' investment portfolio."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV