ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI), driving digital entertainment innovation, will showcase its latest product developments at this year's SCTE Cable Tec Expo 2012, taking place on Oct. 17-19, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center. Technologies on display at Rovi's booth (#1921) will include recently announced customer implementations of Rovi's adaptive bit rate streaming technology, expansive guide innovations for multi-screen ecosystems, and advanced discovery features and capabilities that enable the discovery, delivery, display and monetization of cable video entertainment.
These latest advancements further promote the development of multi-platform, multi-device digital ecosystems that provide cable TV service providers with the ability to extend the merchandising of cable video subscription and connect consumers to entertainment they love, anytime and anywhere. Rovi's suite of products and solutions offer cable TV service providers the foundational capabilities that are prerequisite for developing intuitive, personal and quality entertainment applications, uniquely showcasing content and making it easily discoverable on future and deployed devices.
At the show Rovi will have on display:
- Rovi's TotalGuide™ STB with implementations on Motorola and Pace STBs, and TotalGuide xD for iOS platform with integration with Azuki for live video streaming. Rovi TotalGuide provides in-depth, rich entertainment discovery solutions that enable service providers to scale from legacy technologies to IP based multi-screen, multi-device offerings.
- DivX Plus Streaming™, adaptive bit rate streaming technology, delivered in a customer implementation that offers a high quality video viewing experience in both connected and unconnected environments. DivX Plus Streaming brings back the experience of enjoying content with the ability to fast forward/rewind, jump chapters, close captioning and subtitles in a streaming format.
- Guidance capabilities – integrated search, Remote DVR and Multiroom DVR – for i-Guide® and Passport® Guide, as well as a simplified guide for deployment on digital transport adapters (DTAs). These advanced features enable service providers to deliver a better entertainment discovery experience for devices deployed in homes today.
CONTACT: For more information, contact: Linda Quach Rovi Corporation +1 (408) 562-8504 email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts