ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI), driving digital entertainment innovation, will showcase its latest product developments at this year's SCTE Cable Tec Expo 2012, taking place on Oct. 17-19, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center. Technologies on display at Rovi's booth (#1921) will include recently announced customer implementations of Rovi's adaptive bit rate streaming technology, expansive guide innovations for multi-screen ecosystems, and advanced discovery features and capabilities that enable the discovery, delivery, display and monetization of cable video entertainment.
These latest advancements further promote the development of multi-platform, multi-device digital ecosystems that provide cable TV service providers with the ability to extend the merchandising of cable video subscription and connect consumers to entertainment they love, anytime and anywhere. Rovi's suite of products and solutions offer cable TV service providers the foundational capabilities that are prerequisite for developing intuitive, personal and quality entertainment applications, uniquely showcasing content and making it easily discoverable on future and deployed devices.
At the show Rovi will have on display:
- Rovi's TotalGuide™ STB with implementations on Motorola and Pace STBs, and TotalGuide xD for iOS platform with integration with Azuki for live video streaming. Rovi TotalGuide provides in-depth, rich entertainment discovery solutions that enable service providers to scale from legacy technologies to IP based multi-screen, multi-device offerings.
- DivX Plus Streaming™, adaptive bit rate streaming technology, delivered in a customer implementation that offers a high quality video viewing experience in both connected and unconnected environments. DivX Plus Streaming brings back the experience of enjoying content with the ability to fast forward/rewind, jump chapters, close captioning and subtitles in a streaming format.
- Guidance capabilities – integrated search, Remote DVR and Multiroom DVR – for i-Guide® and Passport® Guide, as well as a simplified guide for deployment on digital transport adapters (DTAs). These advanced features enable service providers to deliver a better entertainment discovery experience for devices deployed in homes today.
CONTACT: For more information, contact: Linda Quach Rovi Corporation +1 (408) 562-8504 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV