Apple blog 9to5Mac tweeted that the 7.85-inch tablet is scheduled to go on sale Nov. 2, 10 days after the product is announced.
Apple typically puts products on sale the week after they are announced, so a Nov. 2 date makes sense. It's highly likely Apple will announce pre-orders for the iPad Mini either immediately, or as soon as Oct. 26, the Friday after the announcement.
Outside of the smaller size, not much is known about the tablet Apple is launching as it seeks to stave off competition from Amazon (AMZN) and Google (GOOG). It's expected to price around $249, but it's not yet known how many models there will be. The iPad comes in three sizes (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB), but there have been leaked images showing as many as 24 different versions, indicating four sizes, and with cellular connectivity.Apple is expected to showcase the iPad Mini, along with several other products, on Oct. 23. The tagline on the invite Apple sent reads: "We've got a little more to show you." TheStreet will be attending the event, and live-blogging from it. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV