ZTE says it was targeted largely because of its scale. The committee's fear that ZTE would be subject to state influence applies to "any company operating in China," it says.
Avoid their stocks until the Cold War unfreezes. Huawei (002502.SZ) shares are hovering near historical lows that are about half their worth two years ago. Since July, ZTE (0763.HK) shares have tested their lowest point since the global financial crisis.
In the United States, the chief prize among the three Western countries citing security concerns, expect local firms to pick up telecom contracts, especially around elections where candidates are under pressure to back local business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV