New Versant JPA Delivers Multiple NoSQL Database And Analytics Technology Firsts To Reduce Risks And Uncertainty Surrounding Big Data
"Despite society's always-on expectations, many enterprises still accept application downtime as an unavoidable side effect of migrating to Big Data technologies, or updating applications," said Carl Olofson, Research Vice President, Application Development and Deployment, IDC. "Enterprises also tend to equate Big Data with Big Money, and when economic uncertainty is still very high, they need ways to save while still enabling innovation. Standards-based, open source NoSQL technologies are rare, but they are hugely important for combatting both of these challenges, and for allowing enterprises to handle Big Data's inherently uncertain future."
The Versant JPA SDK also includes multiple technical previews that allow enterprises to take a large step toward implementing a complete Big Data architecture. Technical previews shipped in the Versant JPA SDK include:
- Versant's Hadoop Connector, which allows enterprises to easily ingest data from a map/reduce process into their datastores.
- Versant's R-Integration, which enables enterprises to import data into the hugely popular open-source R analytics framework to perform statistical analysis.
- Versant's Java-based analytics framework, a fast, scalable, and sophisticated way for enterprises to ingest, transform, and efficiently aggregate data from multiple sources into existing data models.
"We put a high premium on quality and stress testing, so when we release new functionalities like this, we are confident they not only deliver what we promise, but that they perform very well," said Versant's Vice President of Technology, Robert Greene. "Our users are extremely loyal, and we in turn strive to provide them the features they need and ensure our solutions deliver outstanding performance. Versant JPA is a significant step towards providing enterprises with a solution that allows them to tackle Big Data's challenges now, as well as remain flexible for future demands."
For enterprise developers seeking a fast, scalable, and sophisticated Big Data platform that presents extremely low adoption risks, the Versant JPA server and SDK can be downloaded at http://community.versant.com/JPA.aspx .Versant is dedicated to continuing to evolve the Versant JPA server and SDK, and is interested in receiving feedback from our users and customers. To provide feedback, suggest new features, or request support for existing features in the new Versant JPA server and SDK, email Versant at firstname.lastname@example.org. About Versant Versant Corporation (Nasdaq:VSNT) is an industry leader in building specialized NoSQL data management systems to enable the real-time enterprise. Using the Versant Database Engine, enterprises can handle complex information in environments that demand high performance, concurrency, and availability, significantly cut hardware and administration costs, speed and simplify development, and deliver products with a strong competitive edge. Versant's solutions are deployed in over 150,000 installations across a wide array of industries, including telecommunications, energy, financial services, transportation, manufacturing, and defense. For more than 20 years, Versant has been a trusted partner of Global 2000 companies such as Ericsson, Verizon, Siemens, and Financial Times, as well as the U.S. Government. For more information, call 650-232-2400 or visit www.versant.com .
CONTACT: Media Contact(s): Versant Corporation Dennis Sones email@example.com Tel. 650.232.2400 March Communications Nate Hubbell firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 617.960.9857
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV