Charles Schwab is expanding its education program for active traders by providing live online access to the next Schwab Trader Day. For the first time, active traders will be able to participate in this in-person event by streaming live workshops on essential trading topics and visiting the virtual exhibit hall directly from their home computers.
“To navigate today’s markets, our active trader clients tell us they want to expand their knowledge of trading strategies and deepen their understanding of the trading tools that are available to them,” said Brian McDonald, Senior Vice President of Active Trader at Charles Schwab. “Schwab Trader Day is just one element of our robust education offering, and by bringing this event to a virtual online environment, we’ll be able to offer valuable insights and information to more participants than ever before.”
Schwab Trader Day will take place on Saturday, October 20, 2012, in Santa Clara, California. Those interested in attending the free virtual event can visit www.schwab.com/traderday to sign up. The selection of workshops and demonstrations available online from the in-person event include:
- 10:30 – 11:45 a.m. PT: “Strategic Trading with a Macro Perspective,” with Randy Frederick, Managing Director of Active Trading and Derivatives at the Schwab Center for Financial Research
- 12:45 – 2:00 p.m. PT: “A Structured Approach to Trading”
- 2:15 – 3:30 p.m. PT: “How to Use Technical Analysis to Find Relative Strength Plays in Any Market”
Between workshops, online participants can download event materials from the Resource Library and visit the virtual Exhibit Hall to chat with Schwab reps. Online platform demos of Schwab’s flagship active trading platform, StreetSmart Edge®, will also be available.McDonald noted that Schwab’s educational events are continuing to increase in popularity among traders, with more than 3,000 active traders already registered for this virtual event.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts