Under Armour (UA) ($58.08): I originally thought that the UA bubble popped in June/July when the stock declined from $53.93 to $44.07, but the MOJO returned to a higher all-time high at $60.96 on Sept 14. The stock is above its 200-day SMA at $49.03. The weekly chart is neutral but shifts to negative on a close this week below the five-week MMA at $56.40 with the 200-week SMA at $27.57. Investors and traders should employ a "buy and trade" strategy between the value level and risky level.
Since I profiled Under Armour on June 26 in Retail Bubble Stocks Are Vulnerable the stock had a 2-for-1 split, and could have been bought at the weekly value level at a split-adjusted level of $47.90.
Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) ($76.91) set an all-time high at $77.60 on Oct. 16 and is well above its 200-day SMA at $66.18 as this bubble continues to inflate. The weekly chart is in bubble territory with overbought MOJO and the five-week MMA at $74.62 and the 200-week SMA at $55.54. I do not show a risky level at this time.
At the time of publication, Suttmeier had no positions in stocks mentioned.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Follow @Suttmeier
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV