CLEVELAND, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Parker Hannifin Corporation (NYSE: PH), the global leader in motion and control technologies, today announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Sea Recovery, headquartered in Compton, CA from Danfoss A/S. Parker will assume ownership of the acquired business on November 1 st, 2012. Sea Recovery is a leading manufacturer of small to high capacity reverse osmosis systems for sea water desalination used primarily in commercial and pleasure marine applications. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Sea Recovery had sales of approximately $26 million for the last twelve months ending August 31 st and 70 employees, and has been engineering and manufacturing sea water reverse osmosis systems since 1981. The acquired company will become a part of Parker's Filtration Group and approximately 47 percent of revenues will be reported in the North American Industrial segment and the remaining 53 percent of revenues will be reported in the International Industrial segment.
"This acquisition supports our water purification growth strategy and further strengthens Parker's global leadership position in creating fresh water for commercial marine and large yacht markets," said Peter Popoff, President – Filtration Group. "Sea Recovery product lines help Parker expand its offering across geographic and end market applications. Their dedicated global sales and service organization is a strategic fit with our existing world class distribution network and will enable Parker to provide customers with the most advanced seawater desalination systems anywhere in the world."Nis Storgaard, Danfoss Chief Development Officer added, "We are happy that we have found a new owner that is ready to support Sea Recovery and its employees to further develop and grow the business."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV