WARREN, N.J., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today introduced the ACA2428 gallium nitride (GaN) line amplifier MMIC. The new GaN power doubler line amplifier uses ANADIGICS' unique design architectures to provide best-in-class performance to ensure distortion-free video and audio in 1 GHz CATV systems. By delivering outstanding output power with low current consumption, the Company's GaN line amplifier helps to save energy to enable green CATV infrastructure solutions.
"CATV networks are increasingly operating in a fully loaded spectrum to support high-definition television, video on demand, and high data rate internet," said Tim Laverick, vice president of infrastructure products at ANADIGICS. "ANADIGICS' new GaN line amplifier provides a best-in-class combination of output power, linearity, bit error rate, and noise figure to ensure the highest quality of video delivery in these network conditions. This level of performance is coupled with exceptional efficiency and world-class reliability and ruggedness, enabling advanced green solutions that minimize power consumption and costly truck rolls."
ANADIGICS' ACA2428 GaN line amplifier MMIC is optimized for 50 to 1,000 MHz frequency band applications by delivering +58 dBmV output power and 21 dB gain at 1 GHz. Available in a 16 lead SOIC, the line amplifier is powered through the center tap of the output impedance transformer with a single +24 V supply. The ACA2428 is optimized for several CATV infrastructure applications, including output power doublers for system amplifiers and deep fiber nodes.ANADIGICS GaN Line Amplifier Key Facts and Highlights:
- High output power
- Low composite triple beat (CTB), composite second order (CSO), cross modulation, and noise figure distortion characteristics for optimal performance in a fully-loaded spectrum
- Positive slope cable equivalent
- Very low bit error rate (BER)
- GaN output stage is incorporated to minimize the operating (bias) current
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts