- Net Earnings of $16.1 Million or $0.43 Per Diluted Share
- Net Interest Margin at 5.58%; Core Net Interest Margin at 5.32%
- Credit Loss Reserve at 2.46% of Net Non-Covered Loans and Leases and 203% of Non-Covered Nonaccrual Loans and Leases
- Noninterest-Bearing Deposits at 42% and Core Deposits at 82% of Total Deposits
- American Perspective Bank Acquisition Closed on August 1, 2012
- Branch Sale Closed on September 21, 2012
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PacWest Bancorp (Nasdaq:PACW) today announced net earnings for the third quarter of 2012 of $16.1 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, compared to net earnings for the second quarter of 2012 of $15.6 million, or $0.42 per diluted share.
This press release contains certain non-GAAP financial disclosures for tangible common equity; pre-tax earnings before net credit costs, impairment loss on a covered security, debt termination expense, and acquisition and integration costs, which we refer to as "adjusted earnings before income taxes"; and efficiency ratios adjusted to exclude OREO expenses, FDIC loss sharing income, impairment loss on a covered security, acquisition and integration costs, and debt termination expenses. The Company uses certain non-GAAP financial measures to provide meaningful supplemental information regarding the Company's operational performance and to enhance investors' overall understanding of such financial performance. Given the use of tangible common equity amounts and ratios is prevalent among banking regulators, investors and analysts, we disclose our tangible common equity ratio in addition to equity-to-assets ratio. Also, as analysts and investors view adjusted earnings before income taxes as an indicator of the Company's ability to absorb credit losses, we disclose this amount in addition to pre-tax earnings. We disclose the adjusted efficiency ratio as it shows the trend in recurring overhead-related noninterest expense relative to recurring net revenues. Please refer to the tables at the end of this release for a presentation of performance ratios in accordance with GAAP and a reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures to the GAAP financial measures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV