Global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) announced today it is opening its software as a service platform for software developers, creating the foundation for the largest cloud-based digital marketing app ecosystem.
The move makes ExactTarget’s Fuel platform open to developers and technology providers to build upon and integrate with ExactTarget’s suite of cross-channel marketing and automation applications, creating opportunity for developers to build apps that extend ExactTarget’s real-time digital messaging services to products and organizations worldwide.
"By opening our Fuel platform for third-party development, ExactTarget is once again revolutionizing the way developers and marketers alike can unlock the power of data and the cloud to connect with their customers,” said Scott McCorkle, ExactTarget’s president technology and strategy. “Fuel extends our capabilities to power advanced integration and real-time messaging and creates the foundation for an entirely new app ecosystem that will serve as a catalyst for digital marketing innovation worldwide.”
Developers and technology companies have began developing new applications and innovations on the Fuel platform as part of ExactTarget’s early access program that began earlier this year, McCorkle said. Early applications in development range from event marketing to advanced analytics and dashboards. ExactTarget clients, integrated partners, developers and technology companies are expected to have access to the third-party applications via ExactTarget’s HubExchange, the company’s online app store, during the second quarter of 2013.Key advancements included in ExactTarget’s next generation Fuel platform include:
- REST APIs - Adds advanced, scalable application programming interface capabilities, enabling deeper integration across ExactTarget’s suite of products and expanding ExactTarget’s suite of SOAP APIs and pre-packaged integrations.
- Cross-Channel APIs – Makes ExactTarget’s email, mobile, social and Web applications fully accessible via API.
- HubExchange – Expands ExactTarget’s existing HubExchange model of select integrations to enable broader application development from developers and technology providers worldwide.
- Gears – Creates a new category of integration within ExactTarget products to extend ExactTarget product functionality with capabilities native in third-party applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV