SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing ( http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Social CRM, 2012, published September 27th, 2012. Gartner defines Social CRM as, "a business strategy that generates opportunities for sales, marketing and customer service, while also benefiting online communities." Salesforce.com moved further into the leadership position of the quadrant than any vendor included.
According to the report, "Leaders in the social CRM Magic Quadrant will exhibit two characteristics. First, their software must benefit both company and community. Leaders show benefits to enterprises by demonstrating ROI and supporting key performance indicators (KPIs), and Leaders' software convinces users that they will get something valuable by participating in a conversation or community. Second, Leaders' offerings demonstrate support for multiple CRM processes, and have substantial revenue coming specifically from their social CRM offerings."
Comments on the News:
- "We believe salesforce.com's Magic Quadrant position reinforces our industry leadership and continued innovation," said Parker Harris, executive vice president of technology, salesforce.com. "Business is social—and our products are empowering any company to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways."
- With the Sales Cloud, customers can leverage social intelligence from popular social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube to sell more effectively.
- With the Service Cloud, salesforce.com is helping businesses bridge the social gap and meet customers where they are – on social networks and mobile devices -- with social contact centers, self-service communities and more.
- With the Marketing Cloud, customers can leverage social analytics and social marketing campaigns to turn insight into action and connections into customers for life.
- With Salesforce Chatter, the leading enterprise social network, employees can break down information silos around any business process and collaborate on sales deals, service cases, marketing campaigns, files and more.
- Salesforce.com, including the Sales Cloud, was just announced in CRM magazine's August 2012 edition as the winner of the 2012 Market Leader Awards for the Enterprise Suite CRM, Midmarket Suite CRM, and Sales Force Automation categories.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud was named a Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer by Facebook in September 2012, a designation reserved for Facebook's most invested developers.
- Salesforce Service Cloud was recently recognized as a winner of two CRM magazine 2012 Service Leader Awards in the Customer Case Management and Web Support categories.
- Salesforce.com customers Symantec Corporation and Corel were among the winners of the 2012 Gartner & 1to1 Media CRM Excellence Awards in the customer service category.
- Corel and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, also a salesforce.com customer, were recently named winners of the 2012 CRM Service Elite Awards by CRM magazine.
- Like the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Chatter on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SalesCloud; http://www.facebook.com/servicecloud; http://www.facebook.com/marketingcloud and http://www.facebook.com/Chatter
- For more information, and to see demos of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Chatter, visit: http://www.salesforce.com/products/
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter and Suggested Tweet:If you'd like to tweet about Salesforce's leadership position in the Magic Quadrant for Social CRM 2012, here is a suggested tweet to send to your followers:
- Click to tweet: .@Salesforce positioned as a Leader in the @Gartner_inc Magic Quadrant for Social CRM 2012! http://bit.ly/MQSocialCRM
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts