BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mylan Specialty L.P. today announced the launch of a comprehensive, community-inspired resource for families, school staff and students designed to raise awareness of and preparedness for life-threatening allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) in the school setting: www.Anaphylaxis101.com. The enhanced website, which is part of the Get Schooled in Anaphylaxis™ initiative, now includes a personalized, virtual tour to access resources provided by leading patient, professional and advocacy groups. This fall, the educational tools will be brought directly into communities via an augmented reality exhibit that will travel the country to drive home the importance of raising awareness about anaphylaxis and being prepared when anaphylaxis occurs.
To view the multimedia content associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/57462-get-schooled-in-anaphylaxis/.
When logging on to www.Anaphylaxis101.com, visitors will have the option to enter a virtual experience or find useful resources and materials tailored to their role in the school community and where they live. The goal is for students, parents, teachers, administrators, school nurses and other community members to be able to access information specific to their needs and to learn how they can contribute to raising anaphylaxis awareness and preparedness in their hometown.
"We each have a role to play in helping those at risk for life-threatening allergic reactions avoid their triggers, recognize the signs of a life-threatening allergic reaction and know what to do when anaphylaxis occurs," said Emmy award-winning actress and "Modern Family" star Julie Bowen, who learned of her son's life-threatening allergies only after he experienced an anaphylactic reaction as a toddler. "I'm asking people to go to www.Anaphylaxis101.com to become better informed and prepared than I was when my son experienced anaphylaxis."To introduce the resources available at www.Anaphylaxis101.com, an interactive exhibit using animated videos and the latest "augmented reality" technology will tour the country. At the Get Schooled in Anaphylaxis: An Interactive Experience exhibit, visitors will activate images on a 120-square-foot mural through use of the provided tablets or their personal smartphones after downloading the free Anaphylaxis101 mobile application. They also will receive educational materials and giveaways, with a special offer for the first 100 people who visit the exhibit on each stop of the 10-city tour. "Proper response to anaphylaxis can be a matter of life or death, so knowing what part we can each play in furthering awareness and preparedness, particularly in the school community, is critical," said Hemant Sharma, M.D., Associate Chief of the Division of Allergy and Immunology at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. "Having digital tools centralized and tailored to support those in the school-based setting is a tremendous asset that will help educate the public about this significant public health issue." About www.Anaphylaxis101.com The expanded website includes an extensive library of downloadable tools and resources from leading patient, professional and advocacy organizations to support personal and school-based anaphylaxis education. The site is designed to help meet the information needs of the extended community impacted by potentially life-threatening allergies. Visitors can access the information through easy-to-use, online toolkits tailored to the specific needs of:
- Teachers: Posters, lesson plans, brochures, template forms, checklists, guidelines and an "Assembly in a Box" to address school safety in and out of the classroom.
- School Administrators: Template forms, letters, a poster, and links to resources that can be adapted to improve awareness and preparedness among school staff, parents and students.
- School Nurses: Family allergy and allergic reaction health history form, checklists and tip sheets to help ensure nurses know which students might be at risk for anaphylaxis.
- Parents: Medical forms, checklists, guidelines, at-home tools and family tips to help educate themselves, loved ones and school staff about how to be ready to respond if anaphylaxis occurs.
- Students: Worksheets, backgrounders and presentations designed to promote peer-to-peer education about anaphylaxis.
- Community Members: General anaphylaxis education materials to drive broad knowledge, including an overview of federal laws that protect students at increased risk for anaphylaxis.
- Los Angeles, Calif. – Del Amo Fashion Center – Oct. 19-20
- Denver, Colo. – Park Meadows Mall – Oct. 22
- Baltimore, Md. – Arundel Mills Mall – Oct. 25
- Chicago, Ill. – Orland Square Mall – Oct. 27-28
- Dallas, Texas – Grapevine Mills Mall – Oct. 31
- Houston, Texas – The Houston Galleria – Nov. 2-3
- Orlando, Fla. – The Florida Mall – Nov. 8
- Atlanta, Ga. – Lenox Square Mall – Nov. 10
- Charlotte, N.C. – Concord Mills – Nov. 13
- Philadelphia, Pa. – King of Prussia Mall – Nov. 16-17
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV