Affymax, Inc. (Nasdaq: AFFY) and Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (TPUSA), today announced that multiple abstracts on OMONTYS
(peginesatide) Injection have been accepted for presentation at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week 2012 taking place October 30 – November 4, 2012 in San Diego, Calif.
ASN will feature eight OMONTYS presentations (one oral session; seven poster sessions), six of which include data from the Phase 3 clinical program. Three other posters accepted for presentation highlight findings from observational studies on anemia management. Details of the presentations at ASN Kidney Week 2012 follow:
Thursday, November 1, 2012
- Intravenous (IV) Iron Use in U.S. Hemodialysis Patients Receiving Peginesatide for Anemia Due to Chronic Kidney Disease (Provenzano, et al.)Oral Program # TH-OR097: 4:30 p.m.-6:30p.m.
- Candidate Action Mechanisms of Peginesatide-Induced Erythropoiesis (Verma, et al.)Poster Board # TH-PO180: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Friday, November 2, 2012:
- Efficacy of Peginesatide Versus Epoetin by Baseline Characteristics in Hemodialysis Patients with Anemia Due to Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) (Levin, et al.)Poster Board # TH-PO823: 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
- Initial Dose Stability After Conversion to Peginesatide in Hemodialysis Patients (Schiller, et al.)Poster Board # FR-PO261: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Peginesatide Immunogenicity in Clinical Studies of Chronic Kidney Disease Patients (Schatz, et al.)Poster Board # FR-PO262: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Hemoglobin Control and Dose Alterations with Peginesatide Versus Epoetin for Hemodialysis Patients (Spinowitz, et al.)Poster Board # FR-PO260: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Pharmacokinetics: Pharmacodynamics of Peginesatide in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease on Dialysis (Czerniak, et al.)Poster Board # FR-PO837: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Missed Dialysis Sessions Result in Increased Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agent Use (Bonds, et al.)Poster Board # FR-PO236: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Saturday, November 3, 2012:
- Persistent Increases in ESA Utilization Following Hospitalization of End-Stage Renal Disease Patients (Bonds, et al.)Poster Board # FR-PO237: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Relationship Between Baseline Inflammatory Status and Cardiovascular Events in Hemodialysis Patients on Peginesatide or Epoetin (Locatelli, et al.)Poster Board # SA-PO629: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Impact of Frequent Hemoglobin Measurement and Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agent Dose Titration on Hemoglobin Stability in Dialysis (Szczech, et al.)Poster Board # SA-PO643: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
*Note: All times are listed in Pacific Time