ClearBridge Energy MLP Total Return Fund Inc. (NYSE: CTR) today announced its quarterly distribution of $0.3250 per common share payable in November 2012. The amount is unchanged from prior quarter.
The distribution schedule appears below:
|Month||Ex-Date||Record Date||Payable Date||Amount|
It is currently anticipated that substantially all of this distribution will be treated for tax purposes as a return of capital. The final determination of such amount will be made in early 2013 when the Fund can determine its earnings and profits. The final tax status of the distribution may differ substantially from this preliminary information.
This press release is not for tax reporting purposes but is being provided to announce the amount of the Fund’s distributions that have been declared by the Board of Directors. In early 2013, after definitive information is available, the Fund will send stockholders a Form 1099-DIV, if applicable, specifying how the distributions paid by the Fund during the prior calendar year should be characterized for purposes of reporting the distributions on a stockholder’s tax return (e.g., ordinary income, long-term capital gain or return of capital).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV