But, that's a separate debate. I can't find a meaningful association between China and Apple's apparent arrogance, as defined by Kass and Wozniak.
Again, I share Kass's sentiment re: innovation at Apple. However, despite what many AAPL permabulls believe, those of us who question Apple's future do not keep one monolithic point of view.
For instance, outside of Maps, I have no complaints about iPhone 5. Criticisms over screen size are almost as outrageous as suggesting Apple should follow the lead of other companies or the consumer marketplace.
At its best, Apple dictates cool. With or without Steve Jobs, it needs to strive to keep doing that.That's a core problem with the bullish/bearish dichotomies we assign people who debate stocks like AAPL. The entire you're either with us or against us mindset waters down otherwise nuanced situations. Investors risk falling victim to the allure of using every negative AAPL mention to support their own bearish story line. You enter dangerous territory when you start painting the many pieces of information you receive with the same brush. At day's end, an argument that's entirely bullish or entirely bearish is probably not the most reasonable one. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this article. Follow @RoccoPendola This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV