LAS VEGAS and TUCSON, Ariz., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cricket Communications today announced the availability of the new Huawei Boltz 4G LTE modem to customers in the Company's 4G LTE markets in Las Vegas and Tucson.
The Huawei Boltz, Cricket's 4G LTE modem, features a lightweight, sleek design. Its integrated installation software allows quick and easy set-up and supports Windows and Mac operating systems with a bilingual user interface in English and Spanish. The modem has a hinge that pivots to any USB 2.0 configuration and has a microSD slot for up to 32GB of additional memory storage. A new upgrade to the device has added 4G Over-The-Air and 4G PCS Band support. The Boltz is compatible with Cricket 3G networks for use in all 4G Cricket markets. The Huawei Boltz, is available for $149.99 (MSRP) at Cricket's company-owned stores and dealers in Las Vegas and Tucson.
"The new Boltz modem provides Cricket customers in our 4G LTE markets a fast and reliable user experience," said Matt Stoiber, senior vice president, devices for Cricket. "In pre-launch speed tests conducted in our Las Vegas market, Cricket's 4G LTE speeds ranged from three to 15 times faster than current Cricket 3G data speeds, depending on market conditions."Huawei Boltz Features Frequency:
- 4G: LTE AWS Band Class 15 Bandwidth 1.4MHz, 3MHz, 5MHz
- 3G: CDMA 1x & EVDO BC1 & BC15 (1900 & AWS)
- Windows XP SP2/SP3, Window Vista SP1/SP2 (32 & 64 Bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Mac OS 10.5 to 10.6 with latest updates (32 & 64 bit), 10.7 (32 & 64)
- Micro USB (High Speed)
- microSD™ (supports up to 32GB)
- (H) 4" x (W) 2.2" x (D) .60"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts