Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN), a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced David Duncan, director of Security and Software Solutions at Imation, will be speaking at SNW Fall 2012 in Santa Clara, California. SNW is the world’s largest independently produced conference series focused on the evolution of architecture for a new world of mobility, Big Data and business agility. SNW Fall 2012 is being held at the Hyatt Regency Silicon Valley in Santa Clara, California from October 16-19, 2012. Imation Scalable Storage will be exhibiting at Booth No. 509.
In his presentation, Mr. Duncan will debunk the idea that the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is the silver bullet for data protection. With businesses today challenged by the growing adoption of BYOD (bring your own device), IT departments are faced with a new set of security questions including:
- What happens when data is moved or copied from a TPM enabled computer HDD to a portable device or a non TPM enabled computer, or is backed up to a non TPM enabled backup device?
- How can we maintain protection for data throughout its lifecycle - as it moves from user to user and from device to device?
Continuous data protection that follows data across topologies and devices is essential.
Details:What: No Silver Bullet: Why TPM's Should Not be the Sole Solution for Protecting Your Data Who: David Duncan, director of Security and Software Solutions at Imation Where: Hyatt Regency Silicon Valley in Santa Clara, California When: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.
Imation’s Mobile Security SolutionsImation’s Secure Data, Identity and Mobile Workspace product set helps organizations protect against data loss and supports compliance strategies, providing users secure and convenient access to their data and applications wherever they are, while delivering managed security and ensuring compliance over a range of USB devices and removable media. Imation’s secure mobile solutions are available through Imation’s network of channel partners. For more information, visit http://www.imation.com/en-US/Mobile-Security/Mobile-Security-Products/. About ImationImation is a global scalable storage and data security company. Our portfolio includes tiered storage and security offerings for business, and products designed to manage audio and video information in the home. Imation reaches customers in more than 100 countries through a powerful global distribution network and well recognized brands. For more information please visit, www.imation.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV