JOHANNESBURG, October 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields) (JSE, NYSE, NASDAQ Dubai: GFI) is pleased to report that there has been a full turn-out of the 6,200 employees at the number 1, 2, and 3 shafts at the Beatrix Gold Mine in the Free State today.
This follows after striking workers, who have been on an unprotected strike since 24 September 2012, started returning to work yesterday.
Approximately 2,800 employees at the Beatrix 4 Shaft (formerly Oryx Gold Mine), 11,000 at KDC West, and 8,500 ay KDC East, remain on an unprotected strike.Gold Fields yesterday issued a final ultimatum to all striking workers at KDC West and Beatrix 4 shaft to present themselves for work by no later than 14h00, Thursday, 18 October, 2012, or face immediate dismissal. Notes to Editors About Gold Fields Gold Fields is one of the world's largest unhedged producers of gold with attributable annualised production of 3.5 million gold equivalent ounces from eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Gold Fields also has an extensive and diverse global growth pipeline with four major projects in resource development and feasibility, with construction decisions expected in the next 18 to 24 months. Gold Fields has total attributable gold equivalent Mineral Reserves of 80.6 million ounces and Mineral Resources of 217 million ounces. Gold Fields is listed on the JSE Limited (primary listing), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels (NYX) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX). Sponsor: J.P. Morgan Equities Limited Enquiries Willie Jacobsz Tel: +27-11-562-9775 Mobile: +27-82-971-9238 e-mail: Willie.Jacobsz@goldfields.co.za SOURCE Gold Fields Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV