Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today announced that it will roll out a wide-ranging licensing program supporting the return of FURBY in 2012-2013. The wildly popular plush electronic creature has re-emerged inspiring a highly creative and innovative licensing program that will make consumers want to “noh-lah”, which means dance in Furbish, FURBY’s native language. The first wave of merchandise is set to arrive at retail in the U.K., Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, Turkey, and Russia this autumn.
“We are extremely excited about the return of FURBY and the amazingly fun product lines that licensees have created to capture the essence of the FURBY phenomenon,” said James Walker, Vice President of Brand Licensing EMEA at Hasbro. “The product range will celebrate the friendship between the personality-packed furry creatures and their owners.”
FURBY-licensed merchandise from apparel to home decor, party goods, food and beverage and sporting goods will be sold at hypermarket and specialty stores as well as wholesalers throughout Europe.
Hasbro is set to showcase a wide selection of FURBY items at Brand Licensing Europe this week in London with multiple licensees including:
- Apparel & Accessories: Smith & Brooks, TV Mania, ATM, Trademark, Smyk, E plus M, Aventure Diffusion, Quality Licensing Product
- Home Decor: Character World, Worlds Apart
- Paper & Party Goods: Amscan
- Plush: Play by Play (Famosa)
- Back-to-School Supplies: Trademark, Sportandem
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV