Gategroup Retains Catering Business At Key United Hubs
ZURICH, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- gategroup today announced contracts totaling more than CHF 430 million in revenue over the three-year life of the agreements with United Airlines, the world's largest carrier by traffic. This award was part of a tender that covered the majority of United's contracts with gategroup brand Gate Gourmet.
Gate Gourmet renewed more than 90 percent of its contracted revenue on tender. The contracts include extensions in catering and provisioning service at three of United's core connecting hubs at Chicago O'Hare, San Francisco and Washington Dulles, as well as additional volumes in San Francisco and Washington Dulles.
In addition to the three hub locations, Gate Gourmet will continue to provide services to United in the following spoke cities for which tenders were held: Columbus, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and San Antonio. The agreements take effect Jan. 1, 2013, and run through December 2015.
"We are pleased to extend our long-standing relationship with United Airlines as a strategic partner and look forward to continuing our work with them," said Andrew Gibson, gategroup CEO.About gategroup:gategroup is the leading independent global provider of products, services and solutions related to a passenger's onboard experience. gategroup comprises the following brands: deSter, eGate Solutions, Gate Aviation, Gate Gourmet, Gate Retail Onboard, Gate Safe, Harmony, Performa, potmstudios, Pourshins and Supplair. Shares of Zurich-based gategroup are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange under the symbol GATE. Please visit www.gategroup.com. SOURCE gategroup
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV