Deluxe Launches Multiscreen On Demand Video Catalog Service For Cable
BURBANK, Calif., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., the leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies to the worldwide entertainment industry, today announced the launch of Deluxe On Demand, the industry's largest video catalog service which contains the encodes to enable viewing on any device. Deluxe on Demand overcomes the critical challenges service providers face in meeting consumer demand for access to video content that is competitive to the quality provided by over-the-top (OTT) providers. The service-based approach delivers cost efficiencies and time-to-market advantages as compared to other solutions that are on the market today. This service is available now from the Deluxe Digital Distribution business group and will be demonstrated at the upcoming SCTE Cable-Tec Expo in Orlando, Florida.
Deluxe on Demand gives service providers the choice to access and immediately deliver an extensive and ever expanding video catalog to subscribers, without the significant upfront investment in time and resources to build their own network infrastructure and to create and manage new content processing workflows. The service-based solution improves operations while providing access to the largest video catalog that can be delivered to the service provider's network or directly to the customer for multiscreen viewing.
Deluxe on Demand delivers:
- Most extensive catalog of video titles: Over 40,000 titles today and thousands added each month. The titles span a full range of programming, including Feature Film, Premium Subscription, and Television.
- Formatted for viewing on any device: Video titles are immediately available encoded in over 50 formats for viewing on the set-top box (MPEG2 and MPEG4), gaming consoles, Smart TVs, and Consumer Electronic (CE) devices such as the PC/Mac, iPad, and Android. Deluxe invests in creating file formats for all devices so that titles are ready when service providers want them.
- Highest quality: Video with the highest quality output can only be created from high quality masters and experience in creating, processing, and storing these source files. Deluxe is the leader in this area and maintains the largest aggregated supply. The company has leveraged its technical innovation and century of experience in working with the original masters to create Deluxe On Demand.
- Integration with leading DRMs: Video titles are available pre-encrypted and pre-packaged with the most popular Digital Rights Management (DRM) providers for easy integration with service providers' TV Everywhere device applications.
"Deluxe on Demand brings true innovation to the market to address the fundamental challenges service providers face to meet subscriber demand for more video to more connected devices, quickly and cost effectively," said Kevin Corbett, President of Deluxe Digital Distribution. "Our service-based approach ensures that our customers with content rights have immediate access to the largest library of high quality pre-encoded and pre-packaged video assets with the flexibility to choose which titles they want to deliver to which devices."The Deluxe On Demand video catalog service will be demonstrated in booth #1149 at the upcoming SCTE Cable-Tec Expo in Orlando, October 17-19. For additional information about the Deluxe on Demand solution, please visit www.bydeluxe.com/D3. About DeluxeDeluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to the worldwide entertainment industry including the Hollywood studios, broadcast/cable/satellite providers, digital distribution, gaming as well as content owners and creators. Services for content creation in features, television and commercials are offered in production, post production, digital distribution, marketing services and asset management. They include EFILM ® and Company 3 ® digital intermediates; post production and subtitling services; titles design and digital VFX; Blu-ray and DVD compression, encoding and authoring; advertising distribution and syndication services; digital cinema services, motion picture film processing and printing; and 2D to 3D conversions. Deluxe has facilities in North America, Europe, India, Australia, and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com. SOURCE Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts