Impac Mortgage Holdings
Impac Mortgage Holdings (IMH) focuses on mortgage and real estate services. This stock closed up 5.9% at $10.80 on Tuesday.
Tuesday's Volume: 262,289Average Volume: 140,057 Volume % Change: 87% >>5 Big Trades in the Financial Sector From a technical perspective, IMH bounced strong here right off some near-term support at $9.65 with above-average volume. This stock has been uptrending very strong for the last two months and change, with shares soaring from under $3 to its recent high of $11.94. During that uptrend, shares of IMH have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed IMH within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once IMH manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $11.94 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in IMH as long as it's trending above $9.65, and then once it takes out $11.94 with volume that registers near or above 136,029 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for IMH to trend up towards $15 or higher in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV