MSCI (MSCI) is a provider of investment decision support tools, including indices and portfolio risk and performance analytics, for use by institutions in managing equity, fixed income and multi-asset class portfolios. This stock closed up 6.2% at $27.20 in recent trading.
Tuesday's Volume: 4.5 millionAverage Volume: 1.1 million Volume % Change: 328.6% >>5 Big Stocks to Trade This Earnings Season From a technical perspective, MSCI bounced higher here right off some near-term support at $26 with monster volume. This move has pushed MSCI into breakout territory, since the stock has cleared some near-term overhead resistance at $26.77. Shares of MSCI are also trending higher after the stock recently plunged from $36 to a low of $24.75 with heavy volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MSCI once it triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once MSCI manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $28.72 with high volume. Look for long trades in MSCI as long as it's trending above $26.77, and then once it sustains a move or close above $28.72 with volume that hits near or above 991,800 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MSCI could rebound back towards its gap down day high that sits just above $32, or even to its 50-day at $33.71.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV