Asia Stocks Up On US Earnings, Spain Speculation
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 1 percent to close at 13,551.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 1 percent to close at 1,454.92. The Nasdaq composite index rose 1.2 percent to close at 3,101.17.
Benchmark oil for November was up 28 cents to $92.37 per barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract closed 24 cents higher to $92.09.
In currencies, the euro rose to $1.3098 from $1.3043 late Tuesday in New York. The dollar fell to 78.81 yen from 78.90 yen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV