ATLANTA, Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced summary results of its latest SmartHub® eCommerce benchmark analysis, which was based on a sampling of orders placed in June of this year.
SmartHub®, Innotrac's proprietary benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The current release evaluated over 100 leading merchants across 56 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns.
"As online purchases continue to grow, access to data that shows customer expectations and trends is becoming critical for retailers," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "Every customer touch point has an impact on a brand's ability to convert shoppers into customers."
In the June 2012 SmartHub® benchmarking study, we report our most recent findings primarily around shipping and delivery. Among the findings:
- Delivery time is key to consumers. Not all retailers are setting accurate expectations, which could impact order conversions and consumers' likeliness to recommend and reorder from a retailer.
- Free Shipping, a key factor in customer conversion rates, is not offered at any price point by 39% of the retailers in the 2.2 study.
- 13% of order confirmation emails were delivered 5 minutes or more after order placement, while 61% delivered order confirmation emails in less than a minute.
- Physical conditions of packages worsened as compared with previous studies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV