ESB Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: ESBF), the parent company of ESB Bank, today announced earnings for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 of $0.27 per diluted share on net income of $3.9 million as compared to earnings of $0.27 per diluted share on net income of $4.0 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2011. The Company’s annualized return on average assets and average equity were 0.80% and 8.15%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, compared to 0.80% and 8.59%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
For the nine month period ended September 30, 2012, the Company realized earnings of $0.79 per diluted share on net income of $11.4 million compared to earnings of $0.82 per diluted share on net income of $11.9 million for the same period in the prior year, a 3.7% decrease in net income per diluted share. The Company’s annualized return on average assets and average equity were 0.77% and 8.05%, respectively, for the nine month period ended September 30, 2012, compared to 0.82% and 8.99%, respectively, for the nine months ended September 30, 2011.
Charlotte A. Zuschlag, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, stated, “Senior management and I continue to strive to manage the Company’s net interest margin during this historic low interest rate environment. Although our net interest margin has decreased slightly in 2012, when compared to 2011, we are encouraged that it remains in line with our expectations given this difficult interest rate environment. Our deposits have grown $36.9 million, or 3.2%, since December 2011. This growth in deposits has allowed us to decrease our wholesale borrowings and manage our cost of funds.” Ms. Zuschlag continued by stating, “The Board of Directors, senior management and I will continue to strive to pursue growth opportunities that will provide a sound investment return to our shareholders.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV