NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- All companies have a target on their back. Even when the target occasionally falls off, competition is always just around the corner. Amazon's ( AMZN ) target became a little bigger and closer recently.
Selecting a consumer-driven company is never an easy task. Add a downturn in the economy and increased competitor price pressure, and selecting the winners from the losers becomes even more daunting.
The macroeconomic environment may not be the most important pivotal point, but will likely be the catalyst for a much lower-priced Amazon stock. Our current standard of living is higher than it should be. It's an undeniable fact, that our lifestyle is supported in part by borrowing money.
Real Money's Carolyn Boroden wrote "Stalking Amazon" on
Real Money Pro --
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV