- Adjusted EBITDA 4 was $570 million and adjusted EBITDA margin was 46.8% for the quarter, an increase of $124 million and 700 basis points, respectively, from the same period last year.
- Flow-through, which represents the year-over-year change in adjusted EBITDA divided by the year-over-year change in total revenue, was 126.5%.
- Rental revenue increased 8.9% for the quarter, reflecting an increase of 7.9% in the volume of equipment on rent and an increase of 7.5% in rental rates year-over-year. 5 Time utilization decreased 200 basis points to 69.8% from the same period last year.
- Realized cost synergies were $45 million in the third quarter ($62 million year-to-date), toward a fully-developed goal of at least $230 million on a run-rate basis. The company raised its expected cost synergies to a range of $230 - $250 million, compared to a prior estimate of at least $230 million.
- The company generated $101 million of proceeds from used equipment sales at a gross margin of 40.3% 6, compared with $74 million of proceeds at a gross margin of 36.4% for the same period last year.
United Rentals Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.