Badger Meter, Inc. (NYSE: BMI) today reported increased sales, earnings and earnings per share for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Net sales were $87,130,000 for the third quarter of 2012, a 25.0% increase from sales of $69,698,000 for the third quarter of 2011.
- Net earnings were $8,857,000 for the third quarter of 2012, a 28.7% increase from net earnings of $6,880,000 for the third quarter of 2011.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.62 for the third quarter of 2012, a 34.8% increase from diluted earnings per share of $0.46 for the third quarter of 2011.
First Nine Months 2012 Highlights
- Net sales were $245,337,000 for the first three quarters of 2012, a 21.3% increase from sales of $202,205,000 for the same period in 2011.
- Net earnings were $22,548,000 for the first three quarters of 2012, a 25.4% increase from net earnings of $17,974,000 for the first nine months of 2011.
- Diluted earnings per share were $1.56 for the first nine months of 2012, a 31.1% increase from diluted earnings per share of $1.19 for the same period in 2011.
Operations Review“This was a strong quarter for Badger Meter, with all three of our product categories contributing to the improvement. The 25% increase in sales, combined with significantly improved profit margins and ongoing cost controls, generated a 77% increase in operating earnings, compared to last year’s weak third quarter,” said Richard A. Meeusen, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Badger Meter. Meeusen said the increase in third quarter sales reflected the addition of Racine Federated, Inc. in January, along with higher sales of the company’s municipal water products. He noted that net earnings for the third quarter of 2011 benefited from recognition of previously unrecognized tax benefits for certain tax deductions taken on prior tax returns amounting to approximately $0.10 per share after tax.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV