PARK RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ) today announced the expansion of its car sharing program Hertz On Demand with four new locations at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. The service is a pay-as-you-go system without an annual fee, providing University faculty, staff, students and all Hertz On Demand members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout the campus. With a range of cars – from compacts and sedans to SUVs and cargo vans – available in four different parking lots around campus, the Hertz On Demand fleet continues to be one of the largest and most diverse in the Boston area, bringing back to school convenience to students, aged 18 years and older, faculty and staff.
"We're excited to have doubled in size since our initial launch in Boston. By adding Hertz On Demand at Northeastern, we're making car sharing even more convenient for students, faculty and staff looking for a low cost, low maintenance transportation option," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hertz. "We set ourselves apart from our competitors because our service is free to join with no annual membership or late fees and offers more diversity in car selection."
Hertz On Demand vehicles will continue to be available in eleven locations in the Boston area, however, beginning this month, will also feature four new locations at Northeastern University, including the Columbus Surface Lot, The Matthew's Arena, the North Lot, and the Ryder Lot. University faculty, staff and students, as well as local residents and visitors can sign up online and start reserving cars from one of Hertz On Demand's local hubs to experience the enhanced member benefits offered by the car sharing club, including:
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly or daily rates starting as low as $5.00/hour for the Fiat 500.
- Rental fleet options include the Mazda 6, Chevy Malibu, Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, Nissan NV2500 ( CargoVan), Toyota Corolla, Fiat 500 and Jeep Liberty.
- 180 miles a day 1, gas and insurance included in rates.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days.
- Unparalleled member service including 24/7 live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle. 2
Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. It has approximately 150,000 members, is available in six countries and on approximately 50 university campuses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV