Governor Dave Heineman joined the presidents of Edison Mission Energy (EME), a subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE:EIX) and Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) today to dedicate the Broken Bow wind project in Custer County, Nebraska. The new wind farm is able to produce enough energy to meet the needs of about 25,000 homes in Nebraska.
The $145 million wind project, known as Broken Bow LLC, is located in central Nebraska, approximately three miles northeast of the city of Broken Bow. The project, which will be operated by EME, is capable of generating up to 80 megawatts (MW) of electricity. All of the power produced by Broken Bow will be sold to NPPD under a 20-year power purchase agreement. The project is targeted to begin commercial operations within the next several weeks.
“I want to thank Edison Mission Energy for developing and operating its third wind energy project in Nebraska,” said Gov. Dave Heineman. “Your continued investment in our state and our natural resource enhances Nebraska’s portfolio of providing renewable energy sources.”
“Nebraska is a great place for wind energy investment and Nebraska Public Power District is an outstanding utility partner to distribute that energy to its customers,” said Pedro Pizarro, president of EME. “We look forward to completing construction and starting operations by year-end at yet another wind farm in Nebraska, the Crofton Bluffs project in Knox County.”“This is another major step forward in NPPD’s strategic goal of having 10 percent of our energy mix by 2020 to come from renewable energy sources,” said NPPD President and CEO Pat Pope. “Our public power partners value this opportunity in adding additional renewable energy to their resource mix.” NPPD has established power sales agreements with Omaha Public Power District, Lincoln Electric System, and the City of Grand Island to purchase some of the output from the wind farm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV