Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.30 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.34 for the same period in 2011.
Reported results on a comprehensive basis reflect the GAAP convention adopted in 2011 that requires the reporting of currency translation results contained in Other Comprehensive Income as part of reportable earnings. Previously, currency translation results were reported as a component of changes in Total Equity in the Statement of Financial Condition.
On a non-comprehensive basis, which excludes the effect of changes in the U.S. dollar value of the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries, the Company reported diluted earnings per share on net income of $0.26 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.48 for the same period in 2011.
Net revenues were $319 million and income before income taxes was $173 million for this quarter, compared to net revenues of $386 million and income before income taxes of $218 million for the same period in 2011.The Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share. This dividend is payable on December 14, 2012 to shareholders of record as of November 30, 2012. Business Highlights
- 54% pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- $5.15 billion in equity.
- 48% Electronic Brokerage pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- 59% Market Making pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- Customer equity grew 35% from the year-ago quarter to $31.5 billion and customer accounts increased 11% to 205 thousand.
- Cleared DARTs decreased 19% from the year-ago quarter to 369,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV