W.Va. Unemployment Rate Rises In September
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ West Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose one-tenth of a percentage point to 7.6 percent in September.
WorkForce West Virginia said Tuesday that total employment fell by 3,200. The job losses included 2,100 in the service-providing sector and 1,100 in the goods-producing sector.
Total employment has fallen 10,000 since September 2011, including 5,600 in mining and logging.
Within the goods-producing sector last month, there was a loss of 500 jobs both in construction and in mining and logging, and 100 in manufacturing.Employment declines within the service-providing sector included 700 in leisure and hospitality, 600 in trade, transportation, and utilities, 600 in financial activities, and 100 in professional and business services. The state's unadjusted jobless rate fell three-tenths of a percentage point to 6.9 percent in September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV