Romney Tax Plan Parody Site Jumps to No. 2 in Google Search
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- A Web site created by the Democratic National Committee to mock Mitt Romney's tax plan has soared into the No. 2 spot on Google's (GOOG) main search index for the search term "Romney tax plan."
The site, romneytaxplan.com, has a search title of "For all the details on Mitt Romney's 5 trillion dollar tax plan visit..." and sends a browser through to a screen that appears with Romney's logo at the top of the page.
"For a detailed explanation of how the Romney-Ryan tax plan is able to cut taxes by $5 trillion without raising taxes on the middle class or exploding the deficit, simply click the button below," a statement on the parody page says.
Below the statement is a red box that reads "Get the details," but the button repeatedly eludes the pointer when a user attempts to click it.The parody site ranks No. 2 in Google main index, behind only Mitt Romney's authentic page that details his tax plan. A huge number of referrals to the page would be necessary for the Democratic National Committee creation to rank so highly. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV