What if I told you that an inventor has created a bicycle that will cost less than $20? A bicycle that weighs 50% less than your standard metal-framed model. One that is made out of cardboard - but is as strong as steel.
Well, it's about to become a reality. An Israeli inventor, Izhar Gafni, started by cutting up used shipping boxes and folding them into specific bicycle parts - everything from wheels to the actual bicycle seats.
An expert in designing automated mass-production lines, Gafni worked for four years in his backyard tool shed to make a working model. And then a few more. He planned, he sketched, he ran his plans through 3D computer programs. He knew he was on to something.But it wasn't until he made his bicycles into sleek looking, modern-day designs that he knew he was on the right track. There will be no metal parts used. He treats the cardboard frame with a special blend of organic materials for added strength and durability then uses a special lacquer paint to finish it off. The tires are made with recycled rubber and he uses car timing belts for his transmission. Best of all, it really works! Check out the video and see for yourself. The design is in the final prototype stages and Gafni hopes to be able to put it into actual production within months. He told Reuters that he believes his invention can "change the world" - especially in third world countries. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV