"We've got a little more to show you," declares the invitation, which landed in TheStreet's inbox moments ago, hinting that the tech giant is planning to launch a smaller version of its popular tablet. The invitation features a portion of the Apple logo set against a technicolor background.
The eagerly-anticipated event, which TheStreet will be live-blogging, is scheduled to kick off at 1 p.m. ET at the 1122-seat California Theater in San Jose, Calif.
The iPad Mini is rumored to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared to the 9.7-inch screen on the company's current iPads.There has also been speculation that the iPad Mini could be priced as low as $299 in the United States to make it competitive with other, smaller tablets. Almost a third of respondents to TheStreet's recent iPad Mini poll, however, predicted that the device will be priced at $349, between the cost of an iPod Touch and an iPad 2. Apple shares were up more than 2% at $648.20 in recent trades. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV