TORONTO, October 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals", "Company") (TSX: DM) (TSX:DM.U) is pleased to announce that a third drill rig has been mobilized on Duluth Metals 100% owned exploration properties in the Duluth Complex, north-east Minnesota. This will be the second drill rig on the Nor'East property, targeting the center of the Nickel Lake Macrodike (Target 1 area) and coincident five milligal residual gravity anomaly.
"Being a high value target area, we have decided to mobilize a third rig allowing us to target two drills on the heart of the feeder dike thought to be responsible for the copper-nickel-PGM mineralization in the South Kawishiwi Intrusion." commented Vern Baker, President of Duluth Metals. "Our exploration program is now aggressively working on the exploration properties with three rigs."
The primary exploration focus on the Nor'East and East Shore Properties is for copper-nickel-PGM mineralization, similar to other known deposits in the Duluth Complex, (e.g., the Maturi Deposit and the deep portions of the Mesaba Deposit). The Nor'East property is situated at the junction of the Nickel Lake Macrodike and the South Kawishiwi Intrusion and represents a prime target area for Duluth Metals. Geological modeling indicates that the property has the potential to host a "Voisey's Bay" type massive sulfide target. The three initial drilling target areas are:
- Target Area 1 - The Nickel Lake Macrodike area (currently two drill rigs on site)
- Target Area 2 - Two miles south of the Nickel Lake Macrodike (to be drilled in the near future)
- Target Area 3 - The Harris Lake/Heart Lake area approximately four miles S of the Nickel Lake Macrodyke (currently one drill rig on site).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts