NEW YORK ( Stockpickr) -- Unless you've been invested in Apple (AAPL), you've probably lost money in most of your media-oriented investments. That's because the major networks, the record labels, the video game console makers and the live music promoters have all seen a slowdown in business as consumers spend more time on their iPhones, iPads and iPods.
Yet behind the scenes, there are a range of companies that aren't ready to concede "game over." They're adapting to new media consumption habits, figuring out ways to get consumers' attention, or at least help existing media companies win back lost mind share.
Here are five companies that hope to be major players when the current entertainment industry transition is complete.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV