Wipro Technologies, the Global Information Technology, Consulting and Outsourcing business of Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT), today announced that its flagship data center at King’s Mountain, North Carolina has been awarded LEED Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED is the USGBC’s leading rating system for designing and constructing the world’s greenest, most energy efficient, and high performing buildings.
“We are excited to announce that our data center has achieved LEED Gold certification. From conceptual design to construction, our team has learned much about cutting-edge green building technology and takes a tremendous amount of pride in building our eco-friendly facility. There are less than 50 Data Centers in the world today which are LEED Gold certified, and we are thrilled to be a part of this exclusive group,” shared Pinaki Kar, CEO, Wipro Data Center Services.
“Wipro’s LEED certification demonstrates tremendous green building leadership,” said Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO & Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council. “The urgency of USGBC’s mission has challenged the industry to move faster and reach further than ever before and Wipro serves as a prime example with just how much we can accomplish.”
Wipro’s King’s Mountain Data Center achieved LEED Gold certification for the energy, lighting, water, and materials used during construction, as well as the sustainable savings to be realized during the ongoing operation of the data center:
- Over 98% of construction waste was diverted from landfills and recycled
- Over 40% of building materials were sourced regionally, reducing the overall carbon emissions required to deliver to the project site
- 40% recycled content contained in combined new building materials
- New roofing system that reflects light and does not soak in heat, resulting in reduced energy required for climate control.
- Reduction of impervious space, restoring natural plant life and vegetation to the area
- Highly efficient interior lighting system reducing energy usage and outdoor site light pollution
- 40% reduction in water usage over conventional business by using rainwater collection tanks to supply all non-potable water needs
- 70% reduction in irrigation needs by utilizing efficient landscaping and stored rainwater
- 40% reduction in water usage overall
- 17% reduction in energy usage overall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV