Cramer Quick Take: Presidential Debate Will Trigger Energy Trades
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Investors looking for a way to profit from Tuesday's upcoming presidential debate should sell the coal stocks. That's what Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com.
Cramer said the debate's less-aggressive "town hall" format will likely benefit President Obama, and that could, in turn, reverse the gigantic move the coal stocks have seen since Mitt Romney's win in last week's debate.
Many investors link the debates to defense spending, but that sector is actually levered to the looming "fiscal cliff." It's the Environmental Protection Agency that could be easily manipulated to either favor or, in Obama's case, not favor the coal and natural gas industries, Cramer said.Watch the full Cramer interview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV