WALTHAM, Massachusetts, October 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach by John L. Hennessy and David A. Patterson now available in Inkling Edition
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the release of Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, 5th Edition by John L. Hennessy (President of Stanford University) and David A. Patterson (Pardee Professor of Computer Science, University of California Berkeley) as an enhanced eBook.
Adapted from the classic textbook, Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, 5 th Edition, this interactive eBook from Inkling focuses on the dramatic and evolutionary developments in mobile and cloud computing. Using their quantitative approach to design and analysis, Hennessy and Patterson explore the ways in which software and technology in the cloud are accessed by cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile computing devices. The running context in each chapter is computing for personal mobile devices (PMDs) and warehouse-scale computers, with examples from the real world that help to illustrate and describe the impacts of these revolutionary changes."We're honored to create a unique, multifunctional version of this classic text," said Suzanne BeDell, Managing Director, Science and Technology Books, Elsevier. "With this new eBook Elsevier continues to innovate with content delivery." Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, 5th Edition enables students to explore cutting edge computing architecture - including mobile and cloud computing using innovative multimedia features:
- Video content in selected chapters including "Cray-1 Supercomputer 30th Anniversary" (the life and machines of Seymour Cray are explored at the Computer History Museum) and "Google Efficient Data Centers Summit" (Barroso, Hamilton, 2008).
- Animations including a set demonstrating "Matrix Multiplication."
- David Patterson's PowerPoint presentation on "Cache Blocking."
- ALL appendices (A-L) included.
- Embedded hyperlinks allow quick access to all cross-referenced content (chapters, sections, figures, tables, and URLs).
- Print text page numbers listed in the margins, to allow Inkling users to quickly locate content whenever a printed text page number is cited or referenced.
- Solutions to selected end-of-chapter exercises.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV