What was your favorite book as a child? Whether it was The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Green Eggs and Ham, or Corduroy, many of us have fond memories of our favorite children’s books. To help ensure that more children have access to quality books, Capital One Bank, in partnership with The Heart of America Foundation®, has launched Book by Book, a digital campaign that aims to put the most beloved children’s book titles into the hands of more kids.
The Book by Book campaign runs from October 15 through November 15, 2012. During that time, book lovers everywhere can help decide which titles will be donated to local students and schools by voting for their favorites on the Book by Book web site. For every “like” Capital One receives on its Investing for Good Facebook page during the campaign, Capital One will donate a book to a child or library in need, up to 50,000 books.
Since partnering with The Heart of America Foundation in 2001, Capital One has donated more than 1 million books to nearly 500,000 children in America, and thousands of Capital One associates have volunteered to read to children and renovate school libraries in low-income communities.
Research shows that more than 60 percent of low-income families have no books at all in their homes 1, and that roughly 40 percent of high school graduates lack the literacy skills sought by employers 2.“Literacy is one of the most important issues of our time and a strong measure of an individual’s future success in school, career and life,” said Ken Kido, Executive Vice President, Local Distribution, Capital One Bank. “Book by Book will help more children discover the magic of reading both at home and in school – two places where books should always be readily available. We are proud to extend our partnership with The Heart of America Foundation and invite consumers to help us improve literacy among America’s youth.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV