Investment management firm Federated Investors (FII) is showing traders the exact same pattern right now.
Like AIG, Federated is forming an ascending triangle setup, with a horizontal resistance level at $22 and uptrending support below shares. The pattern in shares isn't the most important thing about this setup, though. When you're looking at price patterns, it's important to think about them in real terms, not in terms of geometric shapes; after all, those shapes may be a good way of describing the pattern, but they don't answer why it matters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV