SANTA ANA, Calif., USA, and LONDON, U.K., Oct. 16, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- STEC, Inc. (Nasdaq:STEC), a leading global provider of solid-state drive (SSD) technologies and products, today announced that it will be demonstrating its latest high-performance PCI Express (PCIe)-based SSD, the s1120 PCIe Accelerator, along with other STEC SSD solutions, at IP Expo in London, October 17 – 18. The enterprise-class s1120 enables unprecedented server consolidation, which results in a reduction of data center space, energy and power footprint.
STEC experts will be on hand at the IP Expo to provide demonstrations of the s1120 and the company's other leading SSD solutions that address the growing need in the enterprise for reliable, cost-effective storage for accelerating application performance. Along with its PCIe cards and SAS drives, STEC will be demonstrating its EnhanceIO™ SSD Cache Software, v1.1. The software was designed to help users easily create, configure and analyze IO patterns (in order to decide how best to cache them) with cost-effective scalability using SSDs. By deploying solid-state drives in combination with EnhanceIO SSD Cache Software, IT managers can seamlessly and cost-effectively manage complex, high-volume transactions among the lowest possible latencies and with superior I/O performance.
As a part of the expo's seminar series, Scott Stetzer, vice president of technical marketing at STEC, will deliver a presentation on Thursday, 18 October at 10:30am, on Flash endurance in the data center. This seminar, titled "Solid-State Technologies in Demanding Enterprise Environments," will explore how SSDs can face endurance issues and discuss architectural tradeoffs and advantages when using SSDs.STEC Presentation Session: "Solid Solid-State Technologies in Demanding Enterprise Environments" Speaker: Scott Stetzer, vice president of technical marketing Date: Thursday, 18 October Time: 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. Location: Flash Storage Lab Theatre STEC Demos STEC PCIe Accelerator: Boosts Oracle performance in a VMware environment by delivering more than 60K transactions per minute
- Maximizes I/Os per second (IOPS) on a single server
- Minimizes I/O bottlenecks
- Reduces data center operational and capital expenditure
- Processes more transactions per second
- Improves application response times
- Lowers total cost of ownership
- Provides simple, flexible caching solution
- Boosts application performance
- Cost-effectively scales while optimizing SSD usage
- Enables seamless IT environment integration
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts