NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) recognized its top suppliers during its second annual Global Supplier Conference. Nearly 250 attendees including representatives from more than 100 of NCR’s top supplier organizations were present for the conference held in Atlanta – with 17 of those suppliers receiving awards for exceptional performance in areas such as innovation, quality, delivery, flexibility and cost.
"Our suppliers are critical partners that help NCR every day around the world meet the needs of our customers, drive operational excellence and deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions for our diverse group of stakeholders," said Rick Marquardt, senior vice president, Global Operations, NCR. "This select group of recognized suppliers demonstrates leadership and innovation in areas that are crucial to keeping our business moving forward. They bring unique ideas that continue to raise the bar and redefine the value of partnership in order to truly drive a next-in-class organization.”
NCR presented its most esteemed award, the 2012 Supply Chain Excellence Supplier of the Year to Ferzol, a metal production company based in Budapest, Hungary. Ferzol an NCR partner since 2006, supplies sheet metal components and assemblies to NCR for retail and financial product solutions. Ferzol was selected for its commitment to satisfy customer expectations, for its continued investments in the latest innovations and technologies to achieve best cost, quality and delivery with an overall performance to achieve supplier excellence.
NCR also honored several other key suppliers during the conference. These awards included:
- The Innovation Leadership award was presented to four suppliers for their value-added services and for supporting NCR’s engineering teams on innovative products utilizing state of the art tools. The four suppliers are Rosti; Volt; GE Capital and FedEx.
- Six distinguished awards were presented to NCR suppliers exhibiting exceptional quality. The Quality Excellence honors were presented to Sun Chemical; GE Capital; Universal Global Scientific Industrial Co., Ltd.; Glory, Ltd; Ferzol and Suzhou Benteng Science and Technology Co., Ltd. These suppliers have demonstrated and embraced the principles of Six Sigma and continuous improvement methodologies—working closely with NCR to improve initiatives and meet or exceed NCR’s quality targets.
- On time delivery is crucial to customer satisfaction and loyalty. The Delivery Excellence award recognized four companies for their outstanding on-time delivery performance - completing projects in either a compressed timeframe or significantly before deadline. The winners were HCL; LG Display; GE Capital and FedEx.
- Recipients of the award for Supplier Flexibility were Sun Chemical; Nidec Sankyo Corporation; Porters and Trend Technologies. These partners have demonstrated a commitment to excellence and are being recognized for their on-time delivery, supply chain responsiveness, inventory optimization and the ability to support NCR by accelerating time-to-market with products and services.
- NCR recognized six suppliers with the Cost Leadership Award: AU Optronics Corporation; Wuxi Bam; Thomas Regout; Volt; FedEx and Universal Global Scientific Industrial Co., Ltd. for the ability to offer NCR disruptive pricing while achieving excellence and innovation in cost leadership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV